En blogg från Högskolan i Borås

onsdag 10 december 2014

Staff Training Week in Barcelona, Spain, 2014

I am writing this blog because I want to share my valuable experience what I have got during the staff training week in Barcelona. I will discuss this staff training week and its outcomes in detail later on. First of all, I would like to thank Erasmus Staff Mobility Program and University of Borås for providing me this prestigious opportunity to improve my professional teaching career.
This year I was really lucky because at first I had found staff training week in Barcelona, Spain (from 24th November to 28th November) which was mainly focused on the importance of linguistics for lecturers in more competitive academic environment and then I got Erasmus Staff Training Grant from University of Borås. This was the perfect combination I wanted to have to boost my academic career.
My journey was started from Borås on 23rd of November at 8:00 am and I reached to Barcelona at about 23:00 via Stockholm. It was really long and tiring flight but I was welcomed by a pleasant weather with 20 degree C temperature which made me more energetic. Next day, 24th of November was the first day of staff training week. The staff training week was organized by SpainBcn-Programs in Barcelona, which is a small private institute and mainly deal with different kinds of training programs in several professional fields. They have quite good setup at the centre of Barcelona city, Placa de Catalonya.
We were 14 participants for this training program from 9 different European countries and most of us are serving as academic professionals in well-known universities. Due to this, we got this opportunity to share our scientific ideas, to learn about diversified cultures and to make good contacts with them for future prospects.
The training program started at 24th of November and continued till 28th of November. It consisted of 25 hours intensive study plan with comprehensive and valuable lectures, written assignments, at the spot presentations and practical performances according to the given situations. The whole program was constructed very well which provided us not only the strong basics of the subject but also taught us how to handle different situations in teaching profession. The most interesting and valuable part of this training program was to prepare the scripted clips where we had to perform according to the assigned tasks. Overall, I have had learnt very important and hidden tactics of teaching from this one week training program. I am pretty sure that this experience will act as a launching pad for my successful teaching profession.


Despite from these academic activities, organizers also arranged two cultural activities which included the guided tours of Gothic Quarter and Montjuic Museum of History of Art MNAC. I was really fascinated by the beautiful architect and priceless art what Barcelona's museums have preserved in their laps. I have had captured some of these spectacles in my camera and shared in this blog.


On the whole, this staff training program is one of the most important and unforgettable experience of my life I have ever had.





 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar